Thursday, July 15, 2021

A beautiful day for the Berthoud Car Show.

    My sister and I had a fun time looking at the gorgeous cars and motorcycles, such a variety. Then we visited the nearby shops--lots of hard-to-resist antiques. My sister had to drag me away from a magazine rack I coveted but didn't need.
The cars were lined up on the street leading to the historic grain elevator. This mural entitled "Berthoud Roots" was painted by local artist Susan K. Dailey and Eleanor Yates. Created in their studio on 55 pieces of fabric, the artwork was adhered to the wall using lift trucks and lots of acrylic gel. It's a tribute to the town's agricultural roots and to its modern spirit of community. The mural is 55 feet high by 35 feet wide.
 
Music playing, engines revving, the cars were on display and the weather couldn't have been nicer. 

           This one is ready for a safari adventure                    
They came in all sizes 

Wouldn't this be fun for cruising down the highway?

The engines were as clean as the exteriors, wow. 
 




This fun VW is my neighbor Evy's car. We drove around in it one day and both felt like a couple of crazy teenagers. 
She dressed to match her car!
The antiques were my favorite. 
Would like one of these. 

This 1939 Jaguar belongs to my friend Virginia. 
What a beautiful car.  


 

This photo doesn't do justice to this huge truck cab, 
      It sparkled in the sun. Loved the colors.

Virginia's car won! 



Another special day with family and friends. 
#carshow #Berthoudcolorado #1939Jaguar




1 comment:

  1. What a fun day! I enjoyed viewing all the cars. I miss going antique shopping. It's been ages since I've gone with my mom. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete