Friday, March 6, 2015

Berthoud Historical Society, Shame on You





    I used to be so proud to be a member of the Berthoud Historical Society. For the past few years I helped at nearly every Fannie Palmer luncheon, the wonderful Victorian Teas, the tours, the Gala's, the decorating for Christmas. The Society acted as an avenue for me to meet so many lovely Berthoud townspeople, and offered me a chance to make good friend whom I will always cherish. 

   Unfortunately, my happiness has now turned to sorrow. There may be two sides to every story, but I cannot think of any reasons that would justify the recent cruelty and thoughtlessness handed out by some Board members of the Historical Society. You have ripped joy away from many people who were dedicated and untiring in their efforts to support the Society. Gone is the joy of comradery, the feeling of usefulness, the pride in being part of something so important to the town. 

  You have wounded the very heart and soul of the McCarty Fickel house. Regardless of your efforts, it will never shine with such happiness nor will it be the warm and inviting place it once was. You have especially denied the house two valued caretakers who not only loved the history, but actually lived the history. 

  Shame on those of you who facilitated and supported this radical change. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment