Monday, October 14, 2019

Loving my new tomahawk target


For several years, my husband and I enjoyed mountain man re-enacting, a truly great experience. There were various shooting events for both men and women, but my forte was the frying pan toss and the tomahawk throw!

 Recently I had a yen to practice with my hawks but needed a target. Wanting to construct this myself, I turned to printing info from the web and watching how-to clips on Youtube. Unfortunately the process involved MATH so I made little headway. Then my amazing brother-in-law volunteered to supervise the project (which means he did all the brain work and got all the supplies).




Steve was so patient, and after the laughter died down regarding my abominable hammering skills, we entered the drilling and sawing phase and made better progress. 

                  My wonderful neighbors 
donated the wood for the target face.


                            And mission accomplished!
 Just looking at  the target brings back so many happy and fun memories, and my construction skills were a good source of entertainment for all.
       My sister made the first stick, way to go!
          Being the oldest, she has always led the way.
By evening, I'd improved quite a bit, and stuck three in row. Planning on many hours of fun with the new target. Thank you everybody.
               
                     Watch for my new release, 
Trapper's Moon.
                 A mountain man story filled with                                        Romance and adventure
                                 

   As a free trapper, mountain man Kade McCauley is wary of the Hudson Bay Company. Their form of vengeance against those who are not part of the company can be deadly. When he and his partner are attacked, he fights back, only to discover one of his shots struck an innocent. A woman who touches his soul, and he will do anything to keep her safe.

   While searching for her Native American tribe, Blind Deer crosses paths with Kade—with near fatal results. Once she is patched up, she decides it is safer to travel with him than alone.

 Their uneasy alliance turns to genuine caring, but Blind Deer's past gets in the way, and she must choose between love or old obligations. But nothing in life is carved in stone except the mountains, and those formidable peaks have been known to change the course of a man's life--or a woman's.




No comments:

Post a Comment