1. A donkey is stronger than a horse of the same size.
2. Donkeys can see all four of their feet at the same time.
3. Donkeys can vary hugely in size, from 26 inches to 68 inches tall
4. A donkey's bray can carry up to 60 miles in the desert.
5. Donkeys have incredibly efficient digestive systems, utilizing 95% of what they eat.
7. Donkeys have been used as working animals for at least 5,000 years and they are still a lifeline to families in parts of Europe, Asia, Africa, and South America
8. Healthy donkeys can live well into their 50s
9. A blind donkey will often bond with a seeing donkey who will act as their guide
10. Donkeys can be a calming influence on other animals.
11. Donkeys are very clever with a keen sense of curiosity.
Watching the gat go in.12. Donkeys are not stubborn but can be reluctant to do anything that might be unsafe - they consider situations before deciding what to do
13. Donkeys are extremely nimble and can cross tricky terrain
14. Donkeys are very sociable and form strong bonds - you will often see pairs of best friends within a herd
15. Donkeys are different to horses in their physiology, communication, thinking and behavior - they do their best with other donkeys as companions.