Monday, March 18, 2013

MORE HATS




         A few weeks ago, I went to the Horse Expo
                              in Denver.


 I promised myself I wouldn't buy anything,  just walk around with my friends and enjoy their company and a day of fun. 




            We saw beautiful, very large, horses,



                         Learned about horse rescue,


                         and Farrier organizations,



Then we came to the place selling those adorable collectable Breyer horses. My friends Norma and Carol each bought one which started a buying frenzy, and Evy bought me lunch to keep up my strength (ha ha).



    The excitement quickly spread, and before I knew it, I was in front of the hat store, with chapeau-fever spreading through my body, my promise not to buy only a faint memory as my will power slipped away.


              Yes, I bought not one, but two hats.



    When I got home, and recovered, I chastised myself for being weak and feeding my addiction. But a girl's got to have some fun.

      I also bought a little miraculous hair accouterment called the EZ Bun. I love it. I have never been able to put my long hair up with any sucess. This works like a charm. I was all thumbs at first, like a monkey with a new toy, but now I'm getting pretty good at it.

         Only trouble is, when my hair is up,
                I can't get my HAT on.

www.ginirifkin.com
http://ginirifkin@blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment