Sunday, February 12, 2012

BERTHOUD HISTORICAL SOCIETY BOOKSIGNING

February 10, 2012
VALENTINE'S DAY BOOKSIGNING






      My thanks to the Berthoud Historical Society for sponsoring my booksigning at the beautiful McCarty/Fickel home built in 1916.

     
Somewhat unassuming from the outside, but spacious and bright and very remarkable within.  There is such a happy atmosphere in the house, nearly all of the furnishings are original and I think (or at least hope) many happy times were shared there. 

        My sister and two friends (Evy and Angela) came, they already have all my books but offered support and truly brightened the day. Darn, I didn't get a photo of them....It was nice to get to know Virginia, John, and Mark a little better. They are instrumental in running the Historical Society. Gees, didn't get their photo either, well wasn't it just a "me me me" day. Not too self-centered....

    Didn't have any other "fans" show up, but above mentioned folks bought a few books. It was VERY cold that day, but the sun came out and all in all it was a fun experience and a day filled with positive energy. 

    Looking forward to the day when I'm famous (rich is okay too) and people are lined up around the block to see me! Beautiful dreamer...

Gini.

No comments:

Post a Comment